Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Possible Ovarian Cyst?

(5 Posts)
SocialDisaster Wed 18-May-16 19:35:18

I have IBS, Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries and something new. My GP is sending me for a pelvic scan, I am ok with this as I had it before and it's fine.

My pelvis feels like it's three months pregnant swollen and heavy, bladder urgency and pain. This is different to IBS and Endo. I don't have a UTI.

I am crying and very fearful of any other treatment. I have other health conditions and it's made me a bit phobic of the medical profession.

My Mum had similar symptoms which were as a result of an ovarian cyst, she had keyhole surgery. I couldn't go through that again. What will happen if I have that and can't have an operation?

Finch82 Wed 18-May-16 20:38:59

Hi SocialDisaster

I have another thread on here about an ovarian cyst I have just been diagnosed with. Had scan about 4 weeks ago. Waiting for gynae appointment now.

My tummy is quite swollen and I have varying pain. I feel quite full after eating a normal plate of food (where I used to be able to eat and eat and eat!) and I need the toilet more frequently.

It could be an ovarian cyst but you won't know until you get the results of your scan.

I'm sorry you're so worried. I'm feeling quite anxious about mine. Waiting is horrible. Hope everything turns out to be okay for you. How long do you have to wait for the scan?

SocialDisaster Wed 18-May-16 21:05:35

Thank you for the response. I will post on your thread if that's ok?

The GP said I would be given an appointment in the post.

Finch82 Wed 18-May-16 21:17:14

Hope you get your scan appointment soon! flowers

SocialDisaster Wed 18-May-16 21:22:51

Me too. Not knowing what's going on and dreading treatment if there is something that needs dealing with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now