Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rash and lumps

(5 Posts)
woopywoo Wed 18-May-16 17:28:07

Felt like death over the weekend-swollen throat on one side,freezing cold then really hot and absolutely zero energy.Still feeling this way, but have lumps under both armpits now. Really sore and about four in each armpit.I have just noticed a hot,red raised rash on my left breast-about half the boob is covered.Irrational paniking rising here.What's my next step?

ThinkPinkStink Wed 18-May-16 17:36:43

If your GP office is open now, call them.

If your GP office is closed now, call 111.

It's very likely to be 'nothing' (by which I mean, something that isn't awful) - but to avoid panic, it's always best to ask.

Spam88 Wed 18-May-16 17:58:39

As ThinkPinkStink said, best to see your GP. However, you've clearly had some sort of infection so the lumps in your arm pits are likely to just be swollen lymph nodes from fighting off the infection - I used to get them a lot when I was younger and they can be really sore.

mishmash1979 Sat 21-May-16 07:00:21

Please go straight to GP. Keep us posted

woopywoo Sun 22-May-16 17:57:24

Sorry folks for not getting back in touch sooner. I do appreciate all replies-thank you! I phoned the doctor first thing,had ring back and spoke to great doctor who told me to come straight up to the surgery, he examined me and told me he wasn't 100% sure about the breast lump, and examined the armpit lumps and said it could be an infection.He was really nice and could see I was a bit panicky. He sent me for full blood test at local hospital,told me to go there and then and asked for an appointment at Rapid Breast Clinic.Full bloods taken,I came home in a bit of a whirl.Four hours later had a call from the Doctor telling me that one of the test results had come back for very high white blood count indicating fighting infection, so I have started antibiotics for the swollen lymph glands. Very next morning,Saturday, received clinic appointment for two weeks time.Talk about swift,I am pleased it's all going along but still scared for the breast lump and rash which is beginning to get a bit more sore. So glad I made that call,I'm usually crap at going to Doctors,don't want to make a fuss etc. Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now