Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tmi boil or ingrown hair?

(5 Posts)
elizabeth27 Tue 17-May-16 11:25:01

Hi

I am about 6 weeks pregnant and seem to have a hard red lump on my bikini area yuck! I think it could be an ingrowing hair but I can't see it! What can I do - I did attempt to squeeze but hurts and don't want to make it worse! Can I use sudocreme? X

FirstTimeMummy25 Sun 22-May-16 07:57:16

I had a reoccurring one of these when I was pregnant I was further along than you though, first of all it was soooooo painful made it hard to walk, I went to the docs and first they thought it was caused by the pressure of the baby pushing down, then I went again when I got another they told me it was an in growing hair and told me not to shave and gave me some cream, then I went back again when it reoccurred this time a lot worse I was given anti biotics and offered for it to be lanced as I was in so much pain I opted out for the lance as I couldn't bear for someone to touch it!! This last one was after having baby so he advised me to have w hot bath as hot as I could stand and then put a dressing on lump (doc told me was an abscess) that night it burst it wasn't pleasant but the relief was unreal! I have had them since but notice the signs now so try to catch it before it gets so big and painful.
Hope you get to the bottom of it

FirstTimeMummy25 Sun 22-May-16 07:58:06

Oh and to answer your question I used sudocream but didn't make a difference, try it tho everyone's different smile good luck

Dandelion66 Sun 22-May-16 10:57:01

Hi, I had a few boil type nasties when i was pregnant and unfortunately I remember getting two on my face a couple of days after the birth. My doctor recommended something called magnesium sulphate paste. It's a boil drawing ointment that comes in a small pot and you mix well and apply then put a piece of lint dressing over it. After a couple of days the paste kind of draws out the gunk/in growing hair or splinters! It works really well and you ask the pharmacist for it. It's only a couple of pounds. I get mine in boots.

legotits Sun 22-May-16 10:58:15

For an accurate diagnosisguess Please provide photo grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now