Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PCOS and medications

(4 Posts)
PirateFairy45 Mon 16-May-16 16:33:09

Any ladies who have PCOS and are struggled with loosing weight, when you were placed on meds, did it become easier for you to loose weight?

I have an app at the hospital tomorrow and have struggled loosing weight over this last 3 years a lot more than previously, and I'm hoping that the medication they give will help me regulate and make my body 'normal' so I can loose weight.

Sick of being like this, it's making me depressed (which I'm on meds for)

PirateFairy45 Mon 16-May-16 19:40:38

No one?

Equiem89 Mon 16-May-16 23:23:45

I have PCOS and I am on metformin. I'm not that heavy, normally about 10 stone but this has crept up to 11 recently.
Personally I don't find it helps that much, it just helps keeps my blood sugars stable. Low carb eating helps me lose weight. If you're diet isn't great then taking a pill a couple of times a day isn't going to help.
Some people exerperience sickness and diarrhoea when they first start taking metformin which then leads to weight loss.
If I don't eat regularly I feel totally spaced about and nauseous, it's not pleasant. It happened to me on Sarurday for the first time in ages and I had to go to bed for a few hours.

Equiem89 Mon 16-May-16 23:24:19

Your not you're blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now