Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First optician trip in 5 years!

(2 Posts)
Shopper99 Mon 16-May-16 07:50:10

My prescription used to be about -1.5 in both eyes. I got contacts (daily ones) and got on ok with them. I hated wearing glasses mainly because I found them uncomfortable when laying down watching telly and generally just got out of the habit of wearing either.

It may be psychological but when I was on mat leave I didn't notice the need for glasses. Now I'm back at work full time in front of a screen and I feel my sight is getting worse.

So I'm going to the opticians this week, probably to Boots. I would like to get daily contacts again but have glasses as a back up / to give my eyes a rest from contacts. I have an eye care voucher from work.

I guess my questions really are around buying lenses and glasses. Where is the best/cheapest place to get lenses? Online? And with glasses I suppose I just try loads on?

Tbh I find the whole thing a complete faff and my eyes aren't that bad that it's been a big deal. But I'm squinting to see things now so know I need to do something about it all. And need to make it as faff-free as possible.

All tips and advice gratefully received! Thanks!

Shopper99 Mon 16-May-16 19:41:38

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now