Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you have sinusitis without having a snotty nose?

(8 Posts)
Olivo Sat 14-May-16 20:16:25

I am sure the pain I have is coming from my sinuses, having had sinusitis lots before, but the big difference is that I do not have a yellow snotty nose as I normally would. I have had post nasal drip for about six weeks, so wondered if it was all linked?

BestIsWest Sat 14-May-16 20:56:35

Yes you can.

Olivo Sat 14-May-16 21:24:31

Thank you , Best. Think I might have to go to GP then, as back to backing paracetamol and ibuprofen but pain comes back v quickly.

DiggersRest Sat 14-May-16 21:28:53

Yes. Definitely go to GP. I get impacted sinuses from long haul flying so have to take sudafed. Regardless of what my snoz is doing l get sinus pain if l don't take it.

I've had sinusitis twice without so much as a cold. First time l could barely lift my head off my pillow without it feeling like someone was hitting the back of my head with a brick.

Marilynsbigsister Sat 14-May-16 22:22:46

I suffer horribly. Rarely do I have a snotty nose. It is utterly miserable and terribly painful. You have my sympathies. (I find the only relief is to put something warm on my face ..

AnnieOnnieMouse Sat 14-May-16 22:44:17

I get this a lot. Only thing that touches it for me is paracetamol and a high dose decongestant - careful NOT to double up on the paracetamol, and an antihistamine, and a spicy curry.

iamEarthymama Sat 14-May-16 22:58:40

Oh yes you really really can.
My sympathies, I hate sinusitis more than I can say, it is totally debilitating.

Get a Netipot and do sinus rinse and search for sinus massage.
Try to avoid lots of dairy products.

As a pp said curry and spicy foods can help.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Olivo Sun 15-May-16 17:11:02

Thanks all, the head / face ache with it is awful. Oral decongestants seem to be helping a little, I can't use topical ones, but my Sterimar is hopefully also helping. Off to the GP in the next day or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now