Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really need advice/reassurance

(6 Posts)
starshaker Sat 14-May-16 08:56:08

I may as well start at the beginning.

All my adult life I have experienced mid cycle pain. Lately it had been getting worse so I went to the doctor. I was referred for an ultrasound and they told me there was a little something but not to worry and they would scan again in 6-8 weeks.

6 weeks later I was scanned again. The doctor called me 4 days later and told me I had a cyst that was 5cm. The first scan it was 1.6 cm. He said he would refer me to a gynaecologist.

I spent a week stressing out and decided to go back to my docto for more info. He said he could do a CA125 blood test to see if it is elevated. He did that on Tuesday so just waiting for results now.

My problem I have now is I'm bleeding. I've never had mid cycle bleeding before and I'm freaking out.

I don't know what I'm asking I just know I'm scared

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 14-May-16 09:10:27

Re your blood test CA125 can also be elevated if endometriosis is present, try to remember that as well.

Long term mid cycle pain could be indicative of endometriosis being present. Any symptom that is cyclical in nature like this should have endo flagged up as a possible cause. Have your periods been very painful consistently over the years?.

Have you heard about an appointment date for the gynae, you need to see such a person and as soon as possible. I would also show this person a pain and or symptom diary; one of these could be kept daily and it can also give the gynae clues.

I would try and see the GP asap re the bleeding particularly if this has never happened before. Such changes should always be reported.

There are many different types of cysts and these can be sorted out, please do not worry yourself unduly although that is far easier said than done.

Wishing you all the bestflowers

starshaker Sat 14-May-16 09:20:06

I don't have painful periods. My period is normally 2 days then a break of a day then another day of light bleeding. The past 3 have lasted about 4 or 5 day but still not painful. They aren't regular but I know 2 weeks after pain I will get my period. Will make an appointment on Monday.

I'm scared the cyst is going to burst. I'm scared of the pain it will cause. I'm scared it's getting bigger

starshaker Sat 14-May-16 13:38:56

Anybody with any experience of this?

starshaker Mon 16-May-16 10:07:23

??

Fragglewump Mon 16-May-16 10:14:39

Don't panic - you are being seen by the right people. Lots of people have cysts which can come and go without being noticed. I had to have a huge cyst removed when I was 13 weeks pregnant and abroad! They will monitor it and remove it if they are concerned. They will also want to rule out endometriosis which could be causing the pain. Make sure that when you see the gp and gynae you get to ask all your questions. Good luck op. I'm sure you will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now