Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Osteopathy and chiropractor

(10 Posts)
TransvisionTramp Wed 11-May-16 17:56:02

Hi there
Does anyone have any experience of these?
I'm suffering a bit with my back. Nothing serious, just sitting at a desk all day (am going to buy a stand up desk soon), crap posture, having children and carrying DD2 occasionally (she's almost 4 so not very often).

What's best or is there no difference? confused
thanks in advance.

TK1930 Wed 11-May-16 18:03:58

Hi! I've been to both and I personally find the osteo much more gentle in their technique. The chiropractor did a lot more cracking!

Sunbeam18 Wed 11-May-16 18:04:35

Chiros deal with bones, osteopaths with soft tissue/muscles. So it depends if your problem is a soft tissue or a skeletal one. What is your sense of it?

TransvisionTramp Thu 12-May-16 10:38:40

Thanks for replying, sorry for my radio silence - my evening was taken up by two DDs being awake in tandem until it was my bedtime.

I think it's more muscular. Aching back from bad posture, sitting down at a desk all day, stiff as a board when waking up.

So all that adds up to Osteopath to me.
Thanks

Sunbeam18 Thu 12-May-16 14:50:03

Worth a try! Hope you get some relief

TransvisionTramp Thu 12-May-16 16:27:32

Thank you.
Annoyingly there's a Chiropractor in the small(ish) village where I live but I'll have to travel to a nearby town for an Osteopath. Hence my post.

pleasethankyouthankyouplease Thu 12-May-16 16:28:26

Osteo definitely !!

nmg85 Thu 12-May-16 17:05:18

Osteo is great, also do crack back etc.

MissTriggs Fri 13-May-16 20:46:17

Good osteopaths are fab

TransvisionTramp Fri 13-May-16 22:58:10

That's settled then. Oesteopath it is.
Just need to find the time!
Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now