Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

3.5 yr old with constant runny nose

(5 Posts)
Namelessbabe Wed 11-May-16 07:34:21

Just that really! Mostly it's clear snot and he's quite dribbly too still, but often it's yellow/green snot. He gets gunky yellow wax in his years pretty often too. Any thoughts? GP says snot and wax alone aren't anything to worry about? I'm sick of wiping his nose/running after him with tissues/ nagging him to wipe his own nose/having snot on the sofa cushions/picking him up from school nursery with dried snot caked round his nose...!
We recently started vitamins to give him a boost but so far no change. He gets very wheezy when he gets an actual cold and has a ventolin inhaler for use then. Any thoughts? Thanks!

GinGinGin Wed 11-May-16 07:41:16

Mine's the same - constant when she's at nursery and then it clears up during the holidays. Think it's just one of the minging things that kids have!

amidawish Wed 11-May-16 16:49:22

i would try reducing dairy for a bit, see if it helps

also grapefruit juice is supposed to be good at drying up mucus!

olafforthewin Wed 11-May-16 17:54:26

Is it hay fever? Piriton worked wonders for my permanently snotty and waxy twins

keely79 Wed 11-May-16 17:55:10

Maybe allergies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now