Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding bum / piles

(4 Posts)
JimJamJem Tue 10-May-16 07:27:21

Unnecessary TMI warning and necessary NC.

I had piles & constipation quite badly in pregnancy (DC 4mo). Since then I've suffered a rectocele prolapse which was getting better with physio and a high fibre diet.

Then over the weekend I developed a big, painful, external pile. Treated with pile cream and more fibre. Pain eased but was still there.

Then went to loo (wee) last night and (back of) pants soaked in blood, applied pressure to pile and got some blood clots on paper and more red blood. Have only ever had pile bleeding in the past immediately after a BM. Put a pad in my pants and have continued to bleed from bum overnight and still bright red on loo paper this morning (no BM yet).

Is it probably just my piles going (possibly including internal ones that were maybe causing prolapse - I've made that up - does it even happen??!)? Or as I've been bleeding for 12h now should I go to the docs? It's not any more painful, and certainly less painful than before the bleeding started.

I'm both scared of the obvious and so exhausted of the constant seige on my bumhole and just want to be back to normal! sad

PurpleWithRed Tue 10-May-16 07:29:26

Poor you! I think if I were you I'd make a doctor's appointment, 12 hours sounds a long time for something like that to be bleeding.

JimJamJem Tue 10-May-16 08:52:30

Yes. I think you're right. I seem to have missed my window of opportunity to get an appt today, I'll try again tomorrow (although massively hoping it's better by then)

Billi77 Tue 31-May-16 01:45:24

Late arrival but have had v similar at 31 and 36 weeks pregnant. What was verdict?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now