Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken - help think may be poisened by this?

(6 Posts)
snowydrops Mon 09-May-16 21:16:45

OK so DH has just made us a delicious chicken salad and pounded the chicken breasts between greaseproof paper on top of a wooden board before cooking. Cooked thoroughly and eaten it all (yum) then went over to the sink to discover he then used same board to chop cooked chicken up on!!

There was a bit of raw chicken hanging off the edge of the board. I went crazy at him and he was really shocked, think he just didn't realise he had done it but will we get ill from this? Is it likely? I am pretty sure that most of the chicken won't have touched the raw bit but i reckon the juice could run through the greaseproof paper right? I can't believe he was so stupid to be honest!!

Contemplating making myself vomit but a.) not sure I could and b.) would it even help?

pippistrelle Mon 09-May-16 21:33:45

but i reckon the juice could run through the greaseproof paper right

Not easily, I don't think, given that the whole point of grease proof paper is its impermeability.

Chances are you'll be fine. Do you have an underlying health condition that makes you particularly worried?

www.gov.uk/government/news/dangers-of-eating-undercooked-chicken

Don't know about you but 1,500 sick people since 2000 doesn't sound like a huge risk to me.

snowydrops Mon 09-May-16 21:46:13

Thanks Pippistrelle. Yeah I hope it couldn't run through, I just fished it out of the bin and it seemed a bit 'moist' shall we say but I guess there's nothing I can do now anyhow. I feel sick already but pretty sure that will be paranoia.

No underlying health issues so that's something but sadly am quite susceptible to any sort of stomach stuff, DH is built of steel so will see how we go tonight...

pippistrelle Tue 10-May-16 08:59:31

Did you both make it through the night?

soap34 Tue 10-May-16 11:16:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

snowydrops Tue 10-May-16 20:39:06

Ha ha yes we have both made it through fine thanks, hoping now that any signs would have shown so think we had a lucky escape!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now