Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blister under tongue?

(7 Posts)
oneowlgirl Sun 08-May-16 22:47:07

Why would a blister appear on the bottom of my mouth under my tongue for no apparent reason? It gets bigger & smaller but has been there for a couple of weeks now & is irritating. It doesn't hurt but is noticeable & I get irritated when my tongue touches it. Any ideas? TIA

ApocalypseSlough Mon 09-May-16 13:17:51

I have no idea,but if it's hanging around I'd definitely get it checked out by your GP or dentist.

oneowlgirl Mon 09-May-16 19:26:21

Thanks for replying - I kind of thought that already but with 3DCs & working full time, it's hard to find the time so was hoping someone here could diagnose me easily & reinforce my desire not to go to the doctor blush

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Mon 09-May-16 19:33:12

Could be a mucocele? but best to get it looked at

MeadowHay Mon 09-May-16 19:55:11

Is it not just an ulcer? Also called a canker sore. Very common and not anything to worry about. You can buy topical creams OTC to put on them. As it's been a few weeks though I would recommend seeing your GP as canker sores don't usually last that long.

oneowlgirl Mon 09-May-16 21:53:05

Thanks for replying - I've no idea what a canker sore or a mucocele is but I'll google now! Thanks!

oneowlgirl Mon 09-May-16 22:03:23

Just googled both - definitely not a canker sore but mucocele seems very likely. I've loads of sinus problems at the minute, so think that sounds possible. Thank you again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now