Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rash on boob worrying me sick!

(9 Posts)
Beachmum85 Sun 08-May-16 18:49:33

I am currently 10 wks pg and for most of those 10weeks (I think, maybe even before that) I have noticed a small red area on the inside of my right boob that's worrying me sick!

GP gave me 7 days of Hydrocortisone cream, which seems to have taken away some redness, but the core 'rash' (if you can call it that) is still there. It's completely smooth, with a few red 'spots' and maybe an inch sq.

I intend to go back to GP on Tues, but in the meantime I'm freaking out about IBC or any type of breast cancer tbh.

So I guess I'm here for some support/ knowledge/ reassurance/ something/ anything! Neurotic (& v worried) mummy...

Fwaffy Sun 08-May-16 18:52:51

Extremely unlikely to be cancer. You're immune system tends to go down a bit in pregnancy so it could be something fungal. Don't panic!

Head back to GP and they'll probably add in something with an anti-fungal in and see how that goes.

Congrats on your pregnancy!flowers

Fwaffy Sun 08-May-16 18:53:34

Your not you're!

Beachmum85 Sun 08-May-16 19:00:27

Thank you so much confused

Beachmum85 Tue 10-May-16 17:00:31

Saw GP (different one), said she's not worried but it wasn't a skin condition and looked like a bit of inflammation due to hormone/ pg changes. Also it is on the right boob (where I have a scar from a previous breast abscess), but it is on the other side of the boob. And my left boob is totally normal, which also makes me worry.

She's referred me to breast clinic anyway for my peace of mind, so I guess I'll have to wait and try and ignore it for now. Arghhhhh. I'm such a worrier I wish I wasn't! blush

Beachmum85 Fri 13-May-16 11:06:35

Has anyone else experienced this type of puffy/redness on one breast while being pregnant? So nervous.

MrsBenWyatt Fri 13-May-16 21:29:12

I have three children. In each pregnancy I have developed a red rash on one breast. It is a bit spotty, a bit scaly and occasionally itchy. Try not to worry (very much easier said than done).

Beachmum85 Sat 14-May-16 11:26:00

Thank you so much MrsBenWyatt that's so reassuring! I guess no one posts online if it's not serious confused

Scubsdiver88 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:02:40

Beach mum did everything turn out ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now