Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bugs R Us

(4 Posts)
SooBee61 Sun 08-May-16 18:03:29

I have the sort of skin that bugs adore. They chomp down on it as soon as I appear in the garden. Husband laid some of those bark chips two weeks ago (which I am sure harbours the beasties) and I found about 4 bites on my calf (despite wearing trousers) that itched to hell and back for a week. I still have the ugly marks from the scratching - not advised I know, but impossible not to!

Anyway, my question is, does anyone have recommendations/tried and tested remedies to (a) repel the beasties, and (b) alleviate the horrible itching. I prefer not to go too chemical if possible but if it works............. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Spam88 Sun 08-May-16 20:57:22

I don't know about any more 'natural' remedies, but antihistimines will help with the itching. You can get creams just to apply to the required area if you'd rather not take tablets.

SooBee61 Mon 09-May-16 10:37:20

Thanks Spam. I try both of those! Zirtek tablets and Anthisan (I think it's called). They help moderately for a short time and then the itching returns. Must just have one of those skins I suppose!

Disneyddog Tue 10-May-16 11:23:57

Avon Skin So Soft is a great insect repellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now