Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Found a lump in armpit

(7 Posts)
winchesterfan Sat 07-May-16 22:22:47

I've discovered a lump in my armpit tonight.
It's hard, the size of a small pea and painful. I only realised it was there as my armpit felt achy as I lifted my arm.

Going to GP on Monday, hoping it's just a boil.

Don't know why I'm posting really, anyone else had similar and any advice?

Getit Sat 07-May-16 22:25:10

I have one the same
My gp said its a cyst
Try not to worry

LittleMissBossyBoots Sat 07-May-16 22:27:08

I had one and it turned out to be an infected sweat gland. Antibiotics sorted it out.

WorraLiberty Sat 07-May-16 22:29:04

Oh I've had this twice OP.

It turned out to be swollen glands though. It freaked me out totally because it had never happened before and I was 46 years old.

It started with one 'pea' and ended up two days later with 3 of them. They disappeared in just under a week.

The GP said it can be caused by being run down, shaving your armpits or being allergic to something.

The second time it happened (months later), I made the connection to Right Guard deodorant as both times it had been on offer at the supermarket.

I've not used it since and had no more problems.

heyhulahoop Sat 07-May-16 22:43:45

I get painful armpit lumps every now and again and yeah they're blocked glands, so it might be that!

Finallyonboard Sat 07-May-16 22:51:37

I've been told that if a lump is painful, it's likely to be nothing too serious flowers

Spam88 Sat 07-May-16 23:15:07

I used to get a lot of these when I was a teenager. Went to the Dr and she said they were swollen glands caused by being run down. Definitely go see your doctor though just to make sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now