Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grim BM question...

(16 Posts)
mortifiedsonamechanged Thu 05-May-16 23:33:07

This area of discussion mortifies me, so I'm bullet pointing so I don't burn my house down with the embarrassment radiating from my cheeks.

- generally a little on the constipated side usually
- usually have 'looser/urgent' movements just before my period accompanied by pain/cramps
- last three days (during period) had lots (4-6 times in a few hours, several instances) of completely liquid movements, pale Gwent-yellow but no pain/cramping - NEVER had anything like it before
- Appetite also non-existent but not sick/nauseous
- Crap st keeping hydrated but doing my best
- Defo not pregnant (on period)
- First Dr appointment available = END OF EFFING JUNE unless it's an emergency (can't realistically get time off work even if it was - yes I know rights/medical care etc but complex situation means it's near impossible)

Can I just wait for this to pass? Please, goddesses of Mumsnet, say yes so I don't have to physically say any of those words to a real person...

mortifiedsonamechanged Thu 05-May-16 23:33:59

*greeny-yellow! Sorry Gwent... blush

mortifiedsonamechanged Fri 06-May-16 06:52:23

Anyone...?

Openmindedmonkey Fri 06-May-16 06:57:06

Are you possibly over-thinking a simple case of diarrhoea?

CocktailQueen Fri 06-May-16 07:02:38

How long has this been going on? Could just be diarrhoea. Rest, rehydrate, see how it goes. My poos are often looser during my period.

CurlsLDN Fri 06-May-16 07:05:02

Just sounds like a bit of diarrhoea, could be brought on by your period cramps (I get this) or a little bug. I wouldn't make a Drs appointment unless it went on for a long time!

Nikkinackienoo Fri 06-May-16 07:13:20

If it's just started then it could be just a bug,
But if you continue to have it after a week or so then go to the Drs.
Do you still have your gallbladder?

Nikkinackienoo Fri 06-May-16 07:14:19

Oh and don't be embarrassed talking about poo... We all do it you know!

BatFacedGrrl Fri 06-May-16 07:24:06

Umm you've just got a bit of a stomach upset I should think

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 06-May-16 07:25:17

Sounds like an upset stomach!

bacon Fri 06-May-16 08:31:21

IBS

gobbin Sat 07-May-16 08:37:52

IBS

<Sigh>
This is a diagnosis of last resort, after everything else has been ruled out, not first.
Diarrhoea after a bug is the first thought.

JonSnowsBeardClippings Sat 07-May-16 08:43:59

You've just got the runs love. Plenty of water and Imodium if it doesn't clear up by itself.

gingeroots Sat 07-May-16 12:17:51

I find that own brand tablets labelled "upset stomach " from supermarkets are gentler than immodium which can bring a stop to everything for too long .

They're just kaolin and calcium carbonate .
Like these www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/sainsburys-diarrhoea-relief-tablets-x24?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=rQ9QYllErt1vuMwrMG0cm%2BVwSoLsiX9uA0atrJN8GTRmXLOQU6mtCNE8lWM0nWogQ%2FSCBj3flBZdAGnFL3qnKy%2FBU31Cf0mKhgVH3cgf%2FO38cerYNo85jgC5AKlmWSfWd8egpsTrtEYOWYhgi2jM1DtHGQhqVyVCL6sbBB3sD0Y%3D&ddkey=http%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fsainsburys-diarrhoea-relief-tablets-x24

gingeroots Thu 12-May-16 08:47:14

Which actually I can now only find in Superdrug .If anyone was looking .

Spam88 Sat 14-May-16 00:15:03

I'd probably book an appointment - if your symptoms clear up in the next couple of days then you can cancel it, and it you still have symptoms by the time the appointment comes round (end of June? Honestly??) then you probably do need to see a doctor smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now