Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone with narcolepsy

(1 Post)
Sleepytail Thu 05-May-16 20:07:32

I'm being investigated for epilepsy but I'm wondering whether I actually have narcolepsy instead (it came up as found out whilst no family member has epilepsy, a relative has narcolepsy). My symptoms does fit what I have read, but I have various questions which I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to.

I have to sleep at various points during the day otherwise I get to the point that I feel ill and cant keep my eyes open. I don't nod off in the middle of conversations though or standing up like on TV. Is this usual?

I do feel weird when I get a burst of emotion but I may not fall over straight away - it can happen a bit later. Do the falling over always happen immediately or can it be delayed reaction?

Can narcolepsy get worse when the air pressure changes? I get really unwell then.

What does REM sleep mean? Every night I fall asleep straight into a dream. Whenever I wake up, at any point during the night or day, I have always been dreaming. Is REM sleep where you dream? I also get the hallucinations sometimes when I wake up (and very realistic they are too!).

Thank you to anyone who can help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now