Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Embarrassing problem - sexual health clinic?

(5 Posts)
BeatBoxBroadway Tue 03-May-16 16:18:53

Hi, just wondering... Serious itching, burning and tears in vulvar/ perianal area. Would a sexual health clinic be appropriate? I don't think it's sti related as last check was clear but have avoided all contact just in case it is infectious...for a long time!! blush
Very embarrassed and previous abuse issues make these things difficult.

Comiconce Tue 03-May-16 16:59:21

Absolutely not medically qualified but I would get an over the counter pack of Canesten cream and pessary and try that first. I had those symptoms with thrush. If that doesn't work you can still see a GP.

VagueIdeas Tue 03-May-16 17:05:15

It would be appropriate, yes. Doesn't matter if the cause isn't STI related, they tend to be the experts in all things genital.

PennySillin Tue 03-May-16 17:08:16

Your local sexual health clinic can help but if you felt more comfortable attending your GP surgery your practice nurse/nurse practitioner should be able to help you too. Hope you get the help you need.

BeatBoxBroadway Tue 03-May-16 19:50:13

Thank you all. Really needed the push to go. I have been checked and it's not an sti. Would have been up there with the immaculate conception if it was! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now