Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My worn down teeth are really bothering me?

(5 Posts)
Norris63203 Mon 02-May-16 17:22:24

I am a 23 year old guy and I am wearing braces that cost £3,000.

My two front teeth were slightly chipped and one was shorter than the other so the orthadontist used contouring to wear them both down to make them even. But they are much shorter than before and look horrible to me.

This is causing me a lot of distress. I spend all day worrying about it because you can t make the teeth re-appear again.

I wish I could go back in time and say no! leave them as they are.

What can I do?

Thank you

NattyGolfJerkin Mon 02-May-16 17:24:56

Veneers?

sonlypuppyfat Mon 02-May-16 17:30:54

Nothing more miserable than tooth pain, I swear my last 2 dentists were on YTS courses. I hope someone comes along with some help

gingeroots Mon 02-May-16 18:34:16

I do sympathise .I can only say that you may become accustomed to them and not notice after a while .

Any changes in the mouth always feel massive to me ,even tiny ones and sometimes it's taken me a good 18 months to adjust .

Try not to focus on them - easier said than done I know .

QuiteLikely5 Mon 02-May-16 18:40:47

Any changes to the front teeth always feel huge but realistically if he only trimmed one to match the other then you will probably look fine.

On the other hand if has changed both of your front teeth in the sense that you look strange or unusual as a result I would consider legal action

Could you post a pic of the teeth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now