Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can this wait until Tuesday? Chest pain

(4 Posts)
ConfuciousSayWhat Sun 01-May-16 20:17:22

I have pain under my boobs on both sides like I've been stabbed and when I breathe out I sound like someone who has severe copd/emphysema my husband says the pain is probably from me coughing a lot but it's at the front not in the back or sides where you'd normally strain yourself when you cough.

Fwiw I'm coughing up crap of a multitude of colours between white and green and frothy. I have a blue inhaler I've taken (I'm not asthmatic but was given it for a stubborn cough in the winter) but it hasn't helped. I've also tried inhaling steam and menthol but nothing

Coldtoeswarmheart Sun 01-May-16 20:22:17

Coughing lots can give you pain around your ribcage IME, I recently thought I may have had a proper chest infection due to pain when breathing but it wasn't, GP said lungs were clear and infection was still upper respiratory.

If you are having trouble actually breathing I'd probably call 111 for an assessment.

NotSpartacus Sun 01-May-16 20:22:50

No, I don't think this should wait until Tuesday. I am all for doctor-avoidance, but it sounds like you need antibiotics.

mineofuselessinformation Sun 01-May-16 20:29:34

That's definitely a call to OOH imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now