Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ENT specialist - any recommendation in/around Manchester?

(7 Posts)
Rattitude Sun 01-May-16 16:08:47

Would anybody be able to recommend a good ENT specialist who does private consultations in or around Manchester, specialises in throat issues and accepts patients who aren't referred by their GPs?

I live in North East Manchester but could travel.

I have an NHS appointment planned for mid-May but have been really poorly since the beginning of March and am steadily getting worse.

I will be very grateful for any recommendations. I am not sure if it is ok to post them on the thread, but alternatively, you can PM me.


Rattitude Sun 01-May-16 18:29:55


Rattitude Mon 02-May-16 10:32:01

Another hopeful bump

Rattitude Mon 02-May-16 18:06:29

A forlorn bump this time... sad

bluebelle2662 Tue 03-May-16 17:53:50

Is Leeds too far?

WorriedOrStressed Tue 03-May-16 18:02:27

Could you call BMI Healthcare or Spire to ask their advice? Some consultants will still only see you privately with GP referral but BMI should be able to tell you one way or other. Why won't GP refer OP?

Rattitude Tue 03-May-16 19:02:45

Thanks to you both. I also posted on Chat yesterday and got some advice. The Spire group was mentioned.

bluebelle, Leeds might be ok so if you have a specific recommendation for a Leeds-based ENT consultant, I would be interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now