Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any dental experts around? Embarrassing bad breath question.

(6 Posts)
MatthewWrightResearch Fri 29-Apr-16 16:32:01

Can old fillings/root canal cause bad breath?

I've had a scale and polish last month and I still have bad breath, dentist says my teeth and gums are healthy. I have a feeling the cause of the smell is at the back of my mouth where I have fillings as the floss smells when used on that area and my gums bleed (only at one wee bit). At my next check-up what would be the next step? Would a x-ray help?

I use Oral B toothpaste/floss/brush tongue/C12 mouthwash. I don't have any toothache either.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 29-Apr-16 16:36:00

Ime yes,the dentist told me fillings break down slightly and can cause a weird taste. Anyway I eventually needed it replacing after having them cleaned, x rays etc and there isn't an issue now.

Are you flossing?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 29-Apr-16 16:36:28

Sorry, just reread your post blush

zzzzz Fri 29-Apr-16 16:38:48

Get a water pick (just fab!)

Could you have tonsil stones?

MatthewWrightResearch Fri 29-Apr-16 16:41:56

Nope, I've checked for stones and I've none.

The dentist used a waterpik when he cleaned my teeth, the cost has always put me off. I'll keep my eye on prices of the on Amazon.

gobbin Sun 01-May-16 22:47:45

Are you lactose intolerant? My DS is, and eating any yoghurt or milk with cereal leaves his mouth smelling like a sewer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now