Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in left arm

(6 Posts)
WilLiAmHerschel Tue 26-Apr-16 08:38:48

I've had this on and off for about the last three days. It's a dull sort of pain starting at the shoulder running down to my wrist. My arm doesn't hurt on the outside, there's no swelling, I haven't injured it and it comes and goes rather than being there constantly. Please can anyone reassure me that I'm not having a heart attack? I've had no chest pain or anything but I'm really starting to panic...

mrsm12 Tue 26-Apr-16 09:30:43

Stop panicking and try get a gp apt, better to get checked out.

unlucky83 Tue 26-Apr-16 09:36:49

Another saying get it checked asap... better safe than sorry and better reassured rather than worried.
I get a stabbing pain in my left arm and shoulder as a kind of indigestion - but I know that's what it is - my heart has been checked and is fine. I get it worse when I forget to take my lansoprazole/stomach acid medication.

WilLiAmHerschel Tue 26-Apr-16 18:11:06

I had a bad feeling I'd get told to go to the doctor. I hate going to the doctors! The pain has moved to the right side of my neck so I feel less scared that I'm about to have a heart attack. I've had a weird thing in the back of my neck that I can feel if I move my fingers around. Maybe it's related. OK doctors here I come.

TryingtobePrepared Tue 26-Apr-16 20:58:22

Get it checked but it could be an RSI type thing even if it's that the earlier its picked up and you get physiotherapy better good luck with the gp

WilLiAmHerschel Mon 02-May-16 00:53:43

Thank you trying. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now