Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling Dizzy and nauseus

(4 Posts)
gingerhobo48 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:02:45

Just that really.I feel really weird, sort of spaced out.I had BPPV years and years ago and I know it can return, it might be that. I am trying not to bend over as I feel I am going to fall over.Has anyone had this? My son had an operation yesterday (all went well) and I do worry (a lot) so possibly I have got myself a bit too churned up with the adrenaline and everything and hiding it all and it's my bodies way of dealing with it (perhaps). It feels like when I am sitting still everything is going over to the right it's a really strange sensation. Even typing this I am finding it hard to focus.

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:30:04

arrgh, yes I am currently going through this, I have had it a couple of months now at least! Its horrid. I just woke up one morning and everything was moving around and up and down. Ever since, I have had headache, dizzy, feel like I am drunk, and nauseous. I also feel spaced out, some days are worse than others so I am hoping it is improving. Dr thinks it is BPPV. I started in 2005 with a similar episode and have been dizzy on and off ever since. I will be ok for a while and then it comes on again. Dr told me to go back in a few weeks if no better.

Its awful, isn't it?

gingerhobo48 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:46:30

Yes, it is. I have deadlines to meet and can't seem to find anything or even think where they could be and it's starting to stress me out.I might have to go to the Drs.

amarmai Wed 27-Apr-16 14:17:14

you probably will not like my suggestion to use a walking stick until you feel better. I do when i get unsteady , but i know it's not acceptable to others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now