Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Started gushing blood during sex! Scared.

(5 Posts)
Marj1978 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:51:27

This afternoon me and my husband were having sex. Without wanting to be crude, he went in quite hard and at kinda the wrong angle. I felt a sharp pain and he was in pain too. When he pulled out blood started gushing out of me. I went to the bathroom and loads was going into the toilet. I was grabbing cloths and they were just soaking up blood within seconds. I was sitting in a puddle of blood and it was everywhere. It still looks like a scene from a horror film upstairs. There were lots of clots in the blood. I got taken to hospital and given a pregnancy test which was negative. The doctor just said everything was fine and it might be a problem with my pill as it can cause some bleeding sometimes. But this wasn't just a little bit of blood! I know with periods you can think you're losing a lot of blood when it's really not that much. But this was A LOT and it was running out of me for ages and I started to get dizzy. Any help would be appreciated as I sometimes think folk on here no more than some doctors smile Thanks.

ApricotSorbet99 Mon 25-Apr-16 06:14:16

Sounds like a ruptured blood vessel.

Very scary. If it happens again, go back to hospital at once. If possible, get your DH to take photos of the pools of blood.

notquitegrownup2 Mon 25-Apr-16 06:30:37

Poor you! I would suggest a GPs appointment to talk it through. When I had bloodloss which led to dizziness once I had to stay in hospital overnight with a couple of hours on a drip, as the doctors were very concerned about low blood levels - if you still feel dizzy or you can feel your heart thumping hard that is a good reason to ask for an early, emergency appointment with your GP.

I agree that it sounds like a ruptured blood vessel, which should heal on its own, but I guess may leave a weakness for a while. Even if it does heal, you will probabaly be feeling fairly vulnerable next time you want to make love, so do seek the opportunity to talk to the GP about your feelings and about what happened.

Best of luck

blueberrypie0112 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:20:38

Did you just had a baby? If so, it took me a long time to stop bleeding, and sex tend to do that

amarmai Wed 27-Apr-16 14:14:06

good god-hope you get checked re blood loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now