Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has any tried kinesiology?

(7 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Sun 24-Apr-16 14:25:08

I'm thinking of trying this. I suffer with depression & have trauma from abuse in childhood. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Flowerpower41 Sun 24-Apr-16 14:31:00

Kinesiology is 2 hours long for a treatment and is every two weeks. They will do muscle tests to check for intolerances and it is wise to take along all your vitamins and supplements in case something isn't suiting you. Also might as well take your medications along if you take any.

It is a bit like chiropractic but much more lengthy in treatment!

You might wish to check out you tube for further information. Hope this helps!

Aquamarine70 Sun 24-Apr-16 15:04:06

Thank you that's great. I am in Australia & have found a clinic. The treatments are an hour long. I'll have a look at you tube.

Wolpertinger Sun 24-Apr-16 15:14:59

It is an alternative treatment without any evidence it works. The intolerance tests have been widely debunked as no better than random guessing.

goddessofsmallthings Sun 24-Apr-16 16:57:01

Kiniesiology tests and treats imbalances. When a friend of a friend was training to be a kiniesiologist she tested me for emotional imbalance. I found the session so relaxing that I drifted off for a few minutes during which time I had a most reveletory dream.

All in all, I found it empowering and I'm now wondering why I didn't go back for more. smile

If you're open to trying alternative treatments you may benefit from EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or 'tapping' as it's more commonly known. There are lots of videos that you can tap along to on youtube and those by Brad Yates are among the best www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5l70B3BA8c

Aquamarine70 Mon 25-Apr-16 10:03:45

Thanks for your replies. I am a bit dubious of trying it as it's $90 a session here in Australia for one hour. I'm not sure if I'm going to end up wasting my money.

goddessofsmallthings Wed 27-Apr-16 01:42:42

$90aus is c£45 sterling and a kiniesiology session in London currently costs £65 which I know as I made an appointment today in the hope that I can experience something akin to the profund shift in consciousness I felt last time.

It could be that I'm more open to "new age" therapies than most, but I don't regard money spent on endeavouring to enhance one's sense of mental, physical, and spiritual wellbeing as being wasted.

I think you'll find that a kiniesiology session will be a more worthwhile purchase than, say, an item of clothing but if you decide it's not for you, I would suggest you look for another alternative therapy such as reiki which may help you become optimistic that you can overcome the childhood traumas that have given rise to your depression.

In any event, do try tapping as suggested in my earlier post - tapping to one of Brad Yates' videos daily (there's no limit to how many of his demonstrations you choose to participate in during any 24 hour period) will begin to lift your spirits, and also search youtube for guided meditations as these can also be an effective way of changing depressive thought patterns
www.ilivethelifeilove.com/10-best-guided-meditations/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now