Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How would I go about finding someone to remove a facial cyst?

(6 Posts)
PoreofWiner Sun 24-Apr-16 11:36:32

Years ago I had one removed via my GP, it was done by a plastic surgeon. I understand this isn't the sort of thing a GP will do anymore

I'm happy to pay, just have no idea where to begin finding the right sort of place. I think it'd be medical rather than a beauty salon type arrangement. Really I need dr pimple popper

MatildaTheCat Sun 24-Apr-16 13:36:06

You can still ask your GP. If it can't be done on the NHS they can refer you privately, to the same person, even if possible. For your face you do definitely want a plastic surgeon if it is a surgical procedure.

I had a massive, ugly mole removed from the side of my face and can't even find the scar it is so neat.

Rosa Sun 24-Apr-16 13:41:28

I went to a dermatologist . and had a cyst like lump removed from my chin. It was a small lump which had a mole on the top so it looked like a spot. It was burnt out and sorry hurt like fuck as the stupid woman diddn't leave enough time of the anesthetic to work . I vowed never again . I have one under my nostrils and its staying.
I also had one taken off my ear lobe a few years ago that was much much better and cannot see where it was. Again I was referred by a dermatologist.

underrugsswept Mon 25-Apr-16 14:20:13

My GP suggested a couple of local private consultants and I used one of those. It was pretty swift and painless.

letisnowtime Mon 25-Apr-16 14:28:14

Go over to sporners' corner. Loads of people over there will do it. grin

bluebelle2662 Thu 28-Apr-16 15:57:39

Get referred to dermatology by your GP. I had one removed from my jawline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now