Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Invacare Spectra Plus wheelchair??

(2 Posts)
zeeboo Sat 23-Apr-16 18:11:55

Does anyone have one or have used one? I may have the opportunity to buy one but found some bad reviews online. That said, the bad reviews were on a wheelchair forum where everyone had 10 thousand pound customised chairs.
I'm moving from a mobility scooter to a chair and I'm reasonably easy to please.

StillMedusa Sun 24-Apr-16 20:58:26

Not a user myself but I work with a group of people who are..ALL have Invacare Spectres ( they are the powerchair of choice for our local wheelchair services) adults and kids alike.

They are pretty robust, battery life is pretty good and they are easy to get spares for. They can make it across a bumpy field with surprising ease (we go camping!)

I'd say go for it smile It may take a while to get used to the sensitive controls tho... I rode my friends (don't ask :D ) around our camp field once and since then have had a lot of respect for our users, as I looked like a drunk driver trying to control it !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now