Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I got my gallbladder out!

(15 Posts)
DivaDroid Fri 22-Apr-16 22:13:23

It came out & I'm home! Everything went well. My side & shoulders are a bit achey but that's it!
Thanks to the people I infrequently spoke to on other threads about it. I don't feel sick for the first time in what feels like forever. Bring on the cheese!
grinsmile

FarrowandBallAche Sat 23-Apr-16 07:44:31

It's lovely not having that pain isn't it!
Take it easy though with what you're eating, keep it low fat for a good while.

wineoclockthanks Sat 23-Apr-16 11:29:47

Isn't it great Diva. Mine came out on Monday and I'm still a bit sore but starting to feel normal at last.

Be careful you don't overdo it - I got a bit cocky on Thursday and carried some washing upstairs after which I needed a lie down!!

AntiquityUbiquity Sat 23-Apr-16 11:35:16

Don't worry if you can't handle fat for a while, it does settle down and you can eat normally again without worrying about access to a toilet!

DivaDroid Sat 23-Apr-16 17:36:30

My lovely mum & DH are helping me (& the two DCs ages 8 & 5). I'm taking it easy with the food - although it's great to be able to eat without feeling sick, in pain & vomiting. Towards the end I've been struggling to eat anything except plain chicken breast & water.
Thank you for your kind wishes &

DivaDroid Sat 23-Apr-16 17:37:05

Get better soon wineoclock

FirstTimeMummy25 Tue 03-May-16 22:49:03

Hi, get well soonsmile just wondered out of interest your story and how long it took to have your gallbladder out. I was diagnosed last week and wondered how long?

DivaDroid Thu 05-May-16 13:08:10

Hi I was diagnosed at the start of sept 2015. I was seen quite quickly I think as I was having bad daily symptoms & im young for it being so bad apparently (34 this month)
Good luck & I hope you're sorted soon.

FirstTimeMummy25 Thu 05-May-16 17:02:25

Yeah that does sound quick! I've heard people waiting for a year! That time scale doesn't sound as bad as I thought! I just want it out ASAP!! I'm 25 so fingers crossed they say the same for mesmile x

Becks4Saints Thu 05-May-16 19:23:57

People do know that when you get diagnosed you can request "chose and book". It will give you the option to have the option at a private hospital, paid for by the NHS.

In total I waited 3 months and had the joy and luxury of an overnight stay at the local private hospitality. Seriously didn't want to come home, food was amazing

Becks4Saints Thu 05-May-16 19:25:12

Ahhh I mean operation and hospital, hope you get what I meant x

FirstTimeMummy25 Thu 05-May-16 21:05:03

So what do I need to do to do that? That sounds amazing! I did look into going private as I'm desperate to get it sorted as it's almost impossible to look after my 8 week old DS when I have an episode of pain! But I was quoted £5720 to go private and need I say that's way out of my price range lol x

Becks4Saints Thu 05-May-16 21:27:29

When I first went to the Doctors, she sent me for a scan and than rang me to confirm that the Gallbladder would need to come out. It was at this point that I used the words Chose and Book.

The Doctors will then send you a firm with a list of hospitals that will preform the option, I picked the private one and boom next thing I saw a consultant and then booked straight in for an operation x

FirstTimeMummy25 Thu 05-May-16 21:34:44

Oh fab! Thanks for that I'm definitely going to get on the case for this! If anything I just want it ASAP! I would have had it there and then in a&e last week if I could have. X

DivaDroid Fri 06-May-16 11:16:55

I'm in Scotland - we don't have choose & book here. It sounds like a great idea.
Good luck & I hope you're seen quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now