Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

These wretched eye floaters again!

(3 Posts)
Nursed123 Wed 20-Apr-16 07:43:37

Hi guys,
I know I've posted recently about these horrible things but just having a bad couple of days and everybody was so helpful last time.
I've been put back on ADs as these things are getting me so down, I've got to the point where I'm scared to wake up in the morning because I see them straight away and I hate this lovely weather because it makes them ten times worse. How sad is that.
I have a particularly bad, snake shaped one in my left eye that follows my vision constantly, I cannot ignore it.
I just can't see this ever getting any better, I don't understand how it could.
My doctor simply laughed at me when I suggested the brain will tune them out! Not helpful sad

BatFacedGirl Wed 20-Apr-16 11:50:12

As you undoubtedly know, this is an anxiety thing. I have them a lot, probably due to the fact I have a very strong prescription, I'm minus 8 in both eyes and they're more common in people with bad eyesight.

I don't actually see them unless I 'tune them in' which I've just done now after reading your op!

Honestly, stop looking for them and they'll go away. Now, that's easier said than done so it's a question of anxiety busting techniques which you need to look into. And remember - they're not dangerous in the slightest ( I know an increase of them is a sign of a detached retina but this isn't the case for you or me ) and you just must stop looking for them. Your brain can definitely stop seeing them.

Distraction distraction distraction

Nursed123 Wed 20-Apr-16 12:10:12

Thank you so much - such a reassuring message!!
Am seeking help for anxiety issues smile so fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now