Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ADVICE FROM BACK SUFFERS PLEASE - 16 months ago tore a lower back ligament, pains comes and goes but today is awful. Is this normal?

(3 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Mon 18-Apr-16 16:31:04

In a nutshell tore a ligament in my back by just simply bending down to pick up something - that was Dec 2014 so 16 months on. It was the muscle on the left lower back but top of bottom. Has muscle spasm and pain and took a good 3 weeks to get fairly back to normal - I was told by GP to take diclafenac which did help me to get mobile. Visit to the GP few weeks after said just to keep stretching etc.. and it would take a long time to get back.

Present day - I have to be so careful nowadays as I still feel it my weak spot, have given up kettles and zumba as I think it would just go again. So every now and again I get a pain and know Im having a bad back day. Today feel very very stiff and am almost crippled trying to stand up and walk.

Im guessing I prob did too much yesterday - 5 lots of washing after a holiday, school uniform for the week all ironed and hung up, bending down a lot too.

What Im trying to find out is - Is this normal? Will my lower back always be like this? Should I go back to the GP? Should I be having any form of massage?

lljkk Mon 18-Apr-16 17:02:50

The present back problem may not be anything related to the old back problem?

Have you tried any of the gentle back exercises on youtube? The ones that seem right probably are right, the ones that seem wrong, don't do them.

Muscle relaxants also helped me last time (I got prescription over the telephone, is your surgery still open?). Keep moving as much as you can. What painkillers are you using? You can use almost any with the muscle relaxants.

TheFuzz Mon 18-Apr-16 23:31:25

Visit a good physio if it continues. Will need to be private as NHS Physio aren't hands on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now