Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hay Fever/Allergies

(7 Posts)
FlourishandBlotts Mon 18-Apr-16 14:24:56

I've suffered from hay fever since a small child, am now nearly 22. I also have dust allergies and allergies to cats ect. So i spend most of my time sneezing and looking rough and miserable. Spent whole day sneezing yesterday even after taking anti histamines and now have a sore upper lip from the lush acidic snot. I sometimes lose my sense of taste and smell too. Can anyone recommend any good anti histamines or is it worth popping a long to docs? I work as a HCA so sneezing at work is really off putting to the patients x

dementedpixie Mon 18-Apr-16 16:45:38

What antihistamine did you use? My dh takes a daily loratidine antihistamine for general allergies

MGC1986 Mon 18-Apr-16 19:56:53

I find the Piriton tablets that you take every four hours to be most effective (not Piriteze) and I used the Piriton nasal spray last year and that seemed to really help.

I'm pregnant this Summer and I've no idea how I'm going to cope without using any hay fever medication, can anyone recommend anything safe to take while pregnant?

dementedpixie Mon 18-Apr-16 20:45:41

Loratidine and cetirizine are ok in pregnancy

MGC1986 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:02:20

Oh really? I thought they were all off limits. I'll make sure I stock up!

MGC1986 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:02:27

Oh really? I thought they were all off limits. I'll make sure I stock up!

woody2976 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:05:16

ive had it all my life. got fenofexadine last year. it was amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now