Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

After surgical abortion

(5 Posts)
Chloe95 Thu 14-Apr-16 17:44:57

It's been a month and half after I've had the op for the abortion i was 11 weeks gone, near enough 12 and had the marina coil put in straight after. I'm not sure if this is meant to happen or I should get checked out but I occasionally get bad pains but the tiniest bit of spotting too, it's mostly after sex that it hurts and just gradually gets worse. Has it happened to anyone else? Is it normal?

Badders123 Thu 14-Apr-16 19:22:40

No
You may have an infection
Go back to the dr and explain and you make need another scan and some antibiotics
Hope you feel better soon x

Chloe95 Thu 14-Apr-16 19:37:43

I'll ring up in morning and book an appointment as soon as then, thank you smile x

Badders123 Fri 15-Apr-16 13:59:18

Hope you got on ok?
X

Chloe95 Fri 15-Apr-16 18:18:52

Well I rang hospital up with the number they put on the letter they gave me when I got discharged, and they said over the phone basically it's the coil doing it since I've not had one before and didn't give me an appointment, and said to rING back after weekend if things aren't good. But I'm just not satisfied with that so I'm going to go to the clinch tomorrow, hopefully they'll see me the same day. I'm getting pains now and I'm at work "/ x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now