We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spots - HELP!!!!

(5 Posts)
OutwardBound2016 Sat 09-Apr-16 18:43:06

About a week ago I had some spots appear on my torso, nothing major but coincided with us cat sitting, totally freaked out and assumed they were flea bites. Examined cats no sign of fleas, set out flea traps, nothing, to be certain I treated the house anyway. Fast forward a week and the spots are still appearing. I have about 30 mainly centred on my torso but also on upper arms and thighs. They do not itch at all and are not painful apart from some being slightly sore when rubbed by seams. DD (4) has a few spots too, maybe 4, again not itchy and only noticed by me at bath time.

I went to the doctor on Friday and he was stumped. I was diagnosed with shingles in Feb and showed this GP a photo of what it looked like, he doesn't think it was shingles then and it doesn't present like shingles this time. He has given me a referral to a dermatologist.

DH and DD2 have no spots. I have also checked our mattress for bed bugs (with a torch and a magnifying glass), nothing. The only thing I can think of is an allergic reaction to washing liquid, last week I brought Aerial instead of my usual Persil but I have used this in the past with no issues.

Help, it's driving me crazy! First two photos are me, third on DD

sothisishowitfeels Sat 09-Apr-16 18:57:28

They really do look like bites to me! I would flea bomb the house just in case grin

OutwardBound2016 Sat 09-Apr-16 18:59:38

That was my first reaction but the doctor said they would be on feet and legs, we all walk around bare footed and nothing at all on exposed skin just upper body...also no itching

cathyandclaire Sat 09-Apr-16 19:04:01

Is one a bit bigger and peeling? It could be something called Pityriasis Rosea, it's harmless and goes on its own if it is.

OutwardBound2016 Sat 09-Apr-16 19:08:53

No peeling. The doctor also suggested viral rash, it was the lack of any itching that threw the doctor. I wouldn't know they were there apart from seeing them in the mirror.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now