Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Menopause and periods!

(2 Posts)
rattlesnake Sat 09-Apr-16 18:41:47

Hi all. Need some advice please. I am 49 years young and just entering menopause (I think !!!) My periods have been getting further apart for a couple of months, but just had one after the other, with just one week gap in between, and its not stopping :/ 4 days in and heavy. Has anyone any advice? Should I contact Dr or is it normal to have them so close together? Is this symptoms of menopause? Just a bit worried..

Hassled Sat 09-Apr-16 18:48:40

I went through a long stage of two periods a month, every month - it was the nightmare of that which made me first go to the GP (am now on HRT, still have periods but at least they are regular and manageable).

If this period really isn't stopping then you'll need some progesterone - it can (not always - I got on with one brand well and another made me murderous) make you feel a bit psycho but kicks in pretty quickly and will stop the flow. Go see the GP smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now