Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Threadworms!!

(10 Posts)
Ladydanni Sat 09-Apr-16 10:14:53

Hi all, I've just discovered my eldest girl has got threadworms, I got the medication yesterday and we all took it... I have stripped beddings and washed them with the new dettol laundry cleaner, I've hoovered everywhere, stripped sofa and washed the cushion covers as well as washing all the toys in disinfectant.... For the toys that can't get wet.... Would it be ok to just use the dettol disinfectant spray (aerosol) as my kids have a lot of teddys.
Just hope the medication works as my girl has been in discomfort for a long time, not realising she had threadworm sad I make sure that she no wears pant and pjs on a night and thoroughly washes her hands as well as having a shower first thing in a morning to wash away any eggs. Anybody else got anymore tips? Thank u x

gamerchick Sat 09-Apr-16 10:18:30

Sounds like you've done enough. I just give surfaces a wipe like door handles, light switches, remotes,keyboards etc.

Ladydanni Sat 09-Apr-16 10:24:04

Yes I have done all the door handles, light switches etc in the dettol spray. Does that spray work on soft toys too? I know it gets rid of germs/viruses but will it work with threadworm eggs?

gamerchick Sat 09-Apr-16 11:23:41

Just wiping the eggs away does, no need to use a disinfectant. A packet of baby wipes usually does the job.

Ladydanni Sat 09-Apr-16 11:30:13

Thank u

InsaneDame Sat 09-Apr-16 12:59:49

Vitally important you work again in 2 weeks to break the cycle otherwise you will never get rid.

Ladydanni Sat 09-Apr-16 15:10:29

Yes I'm definitely on top of it... Cleaning like a mad woman. I'll carry on doing so until I know we are clear lol

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 09-Apr-16 17:00:13

All the family must be treated with Ovex and a further dose given in two weeks time.

Rather than showering I would suggest your DD sits in some warm water in the bath after she gets up and before she gets fully dressed. This should also be done daily, that is more effective a method of washing away any eggs laid overnight.

InsaneDame Sat 09-Apr-16 17:46:40

I meant worm, not work ^^

Ladydanni Sat 09-Apr-16 18:12:48

We got vermox medicine from the GP. Enough to take in 2 weeks time. Yes I agree, I think probably a bath would be better than a shower

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now