Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can back pain cause be diagnosed without an x-ray?

(2 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Fri 08-Apr-16 13:46:14

My GP has no appointments today, I do live near a walk in centre but they have no x-ray.

I got a bit if upper back pain 2 days ago, and it was hard to move much, then I rested the last few days and it's improved so left it. Then my 3 year old had an almighty tantrum today best a road and I picked him up to get him away while he wiggled loads and my back just went.

Really sharp pain from my spine outwards at shoulder blade height. Then I could barely move or talk without loss of pain for about an hour. Then it got cold sensation. Now it doesn't hurt constantly, only when I move.

Do i need to see someone at all or just rest again?

MatildaTheCat Fri 08-Apr-16 17:08:57

Sounds muscular and I doubt if an X-ray would show anything. Doctor will tell you to rest it and take paracetamol and or ibuprofen. Ice or heat may be soothing. If you need stronger painkillers or a muscle relaxant then see the doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now