Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why might this be? Felt unable to hold on but bladder wasn't full.

(12 Posts)
MakingJudySmile Thu 07-Apr-16 18:29:47

I was in the shop today and I felt like I needed a wee, not desperately, but I stopped walking (not related I was just looking at something) and I felt totally unable to hold on. I started walking and felt OK. Next time I stopped I got the same feeling, more intense, and I did actually pee very slightly sad. Went to the loo then but my bladder was not even full.

My pelvic floor has never been an issue, not given birth recently, hadn't drunk a huge amount, nor do I have any discomfort in my bladder.

It's not reoccurred but then again it wasn't that long ago.

lougle Thu 07-Apr-16 18:32:02

You might have a urinary tract infection. Perhaps drop a wee sample down to the doctor?

GrimmauldPlace Thu 07-Apr-16 18:34:16

Agree with PP. Sounds like a UTI.

MakingJudySmile Thu 07-Apr-16 18:36:31

Even without discomfort? Oh bollocks!!

GP is expensive (not UK)

GrimmauldPlace Thu 07-Apr-16 18:45:15

Personally, if it's only happened the once and you're experiencing no other symptoms, along with the cost of the gp, I'd wait and see. If you start getting any pain (bladder, lower back, during urination) or if the sudden urge keeps happening then I'd get a urine sample in.
Obviously I'm just a stranger on t'internet with no medical qualifications though, so feel free to ignore grin

MakingJudySmile Fri 08-Apr-16 08:53:19

Off to GP now. Feel like shite now - temp, pelvic discomfort, nauseous and none stop need to wee.

Shall discover how much GP charges for urine tests ...

GrimmauldPlace Fri 08-Apr-16 09:39:49

Oh dear.. Well I hope you feel better soon. Best to get it sorted sooner rather than later though. Good luck.

GrimmauldPlace Sun 10-Apr-16 10:06:22

How did you get on at the GP?

GreenMarkerPen Sun 10-Apr-16 10:12:35

can you get dip sticks in a pharmacy?

MakingJudySmile Sun 10-Apr-16 14:30:02

Hi, yes, it's was a bladder infection. I've antibiotic and already feeling much better. €85 poorer for it, still doesn't seem as bad paying when there's an actual diagnosis and cure!!

GrimmauldPlace Wed 13-Apr-16 19:54:30

Glad you got it sorted. The pain would have only got worse if you'd left it. Hope you're feeling better by now smile

AyeAmarok Wed 13-Apr-16 20:01:09

Glad you got it sorted. Was going to say it sounded exactly like a recent UTI I had. 6 antibiotic tablets fixed it. It is great when it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now