Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urgent bloods following vaginal swab

(5 Posts)
TreeHuggerMum1 Thu 07-Apr-16 09:06:14

Saw my Gp on Monday thinking I have a nasty case of thrush which I can't get rid of. Had a high vaginal swab and told to wait for results before treating.
Has a few missed calls over last day or two but no messages and withheld number (could be coincidence) anyway, surgery just called, I need to go in urgently for bloods and some other tests. She wouldn't give me any more info at all. Just that it was urgent and must go in today.
What can it be? Anyone had similar experience?

Minime85 Fri 08-Apr-16 20:27:56

Sorry I don't know hope you had a clearer picture of you managed to get in today

Expellibramus Fri 08-Apr-16 20:31:00

Sorry, that must be worrying, hoping it went well.

ImperialBlether Fri 08-Apr-16 20:51:55

I hope everything is okay. It's always a worry when they say something's urgent.

TreeHuggerMum1 Sat 09-Apr-16 20:28:42

Thanks for your replies.
It turns out it wasn't for me. The wrong patients notes were added onto my file and all was fine with me once they started reeling off a report that clearly wasn't meant for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now