Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Endless period

(4 Posts)
GreyandGrumpy48 Mon 04-Apr-16 22:02:48

I had a mirena coil removed in mid- February and immediately started the mini pill. I have been bleeding ever since with large clots ( sorry if tmi). A friend said she'd had the same issue with the mini pill so I stopped taking it last week but no improvement. I am perimenopausal I think (48) so is this just related to that or should I make an appointment with the GP. I'm heartily fed up but getting an appointment is so tricky that it's not worth it if they are just going to tell me it's my age. Any thoughts or experiences gratefully received

JapanNextYear Wed 06-Apr-16 08:30:23

This happened to me when peri menopausal. I got very anaemic which led to flooding (on holiday...eurgh). I went to GP and got HRT, which after a couple of tries of different ones, stopped the bleeding. Also ask about blood test for iron.

There is stuff they can do to help, but it might be a bit of trial and error. Went on noristherone first bit it turned me into a raving loon and probably wasn't the right thing anyway.

The menopause board on here can be helpful as is the menopause matters website. Don't settle for, it's just your age.

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 06-Apr-16 08:35:25

Would make an appointment with the GP; this sort of issue impacts on day to day life as well.

I would not think that this problem is due simply to your age.

GreyandGrumpy48 Wed 06-Apr-16 12:30:08

Many thanks for the advice. I will make an appointment with the GP and go over to the menopause boards for more reading 😃

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now