Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mid cycle bleed

(17 Posts)
Tink4105 Sun 03-Apr-16 23:28:39

Hi just wondered if anyone has experienced this. The past 2 months I've bled mid cycle. Lasted bout 24 hours but heavy enough to need a pad/tampax. I'm waiting to see if it happens again this month then will go to gp. .... Definitely not pregnant either! X

FarrowandBallAche Mon 04-Apr-16 09:26:25

How old are you?
I had this the other year ( peri menopause )
GP sent me for cervix to be checked ( all fine )

I would tell your GP so they can evaluate it.

Tink4105 Mon 04-Apr-16 13:12:39

Hi im 33 this month

FarrowandBallAche Mon 04-Apr-16 13:29:02

So a bit young for the peri.

FuzzyOwl Mon 04-Apr-16 13:31:06

Could it be a bleed caused by ovulation, fibroids or cysts? I agree about seeing your GP.

HelenaJustina Mon 04-Apr-16 13:32:46

I'm having this too, lasted five days the first time and am up to a week now, only 10 or so days since period bleed stopped.

Have booked GP appointment, next nearest date available was mid April! I rang before Easter.

Tink4105 Mon 04-Apr-16 13:34:59

I'm not sure I initially thought ovulation but have never had it before. Thank you will go to the gp if it happens this month x

Tink4105 Mon 04-Apr-16 18:34:43

Do u get any pain Helena? How many times has it happened to you? Mines literally 24-48 hours. X

HelenaJustina Tue 05-Apr-16 19:30:28

Twice, no pain but I don't generally have painful periods anyway. And not related to sex.

Suspect investigation will begin with updating smear as was last done a couple of years ago.

Kate94 Tue 05-Apr-16 19:44:13

I've been experiencing the same thing although the bleeding lasts a few days and is quite heavy. I have an ultra sound booked for next Wednesday to rule out fibroids. Worth getting it checked x

gatewalker Tue 05-Apr-16 19:47:46

Have you been on any antibiotics recently? Any change in contraception?

Tink4105 Tue 05-Apr-16 19:52:46

No changes in anything. I'm mid cycle this week so will see how this month goes. Hope your ultra sound goes ok x

gatewalker Tue 05-Apr-16 20:07:46

I hope you get an early appointment, and it's easily sorted, Tink.

Goingtobeawesome Tue 05-Apr-16 20:09:59

Mid cycle bleeding always needs checking.

Could be polyps.

Realitea Wed 06-Apr-16 10:57:18

I had this last month for the first time. GP told me to track my periods on an app to see if it happens again. I was asked if I had any itching or discharge but I didn't ask what that could indicate. Not much help really but it'll be interesting to see what your doctor says. Maybe keep an eye on it and see if it becomes regular.

HelenaJustina Wed 13-Apr-16 19:35:23

Quick update, dr checked for polyps, not those, not pregnant. Got to go back for triple swab with the nurse to check for thrush, bv and some stds.... Though GP has pre-empted those somewhat by almost discounting them based on lack of other symptoms. Next step after that will be pelvic ultrasound...

Am NOT googling, but am unusually tense, haven't told anyone in RL so poor DH is bearing the brunt. It's weird, if it was a breast lump I was having checked out, I'd been fine telling people.

Tink4105 Wed 08-Jun-16 13:12:47

Hi just wondering how you got on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now