Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else feeling awful suddenly? Tree pollen?

(7 Posts)
notquitegrownup2 Fri 01-Apr-16 10:20:43

It's March - I get an overwhelming wave of lethargy - so tired I could just curl up in any old corner and sleep all day. Loratadine/hay fever treatment seems to help, but my GP last year said that it wasn't hay fever/allergy as I would have other symptoms. My gut instinct is that she's wrong as it happens every year at this time and lasts about 6 weeks. Day 2 today - 40 to go? Feeling sorry for myself and just wondered if anyone else suffers at this time of year?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 01-Apr-16 11:18:17

Same here! I've been like it for a couple of weeks already - tired, bunged up, sinusy. I saw the doctor a couple of years ago and she tried to convince me it was a cat allergy - strange how the cat and I manage to get along the rest of the time!

I was supposed to go for blood tests but never went as a needle phobia and a bout of pancreatitis put it to the back of my mind.

Because I'm so bunged up I'm taking Benadryl Extra and it seems to be helping but it's so expensive I can't afford it so I'm going to have to see if I can get a prescription.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Creatureofthenight Fri 01-Apr-16 11:23:33

Not me, but my usually healthy, energetic DH has been knackered for the past fortnight for no obvious reason - perhaps he's same as you?
I'll get him on the antihistamines and see if that helps.

MissBeaHaving Fri 01-Apr-16 11:30:50

Yep,DD is a mass of snot & very lethargic, itchy eyes.
Got some loratadine yesterday so hopefully that will help.

GooseberryRoolz Fri 01-Apr-16 11:46:58

Me too sad

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Fri 01-Apr-16 11:50:44

Am feeling very tired and sinussy today. Took an antihistamine after reading this thread.

notquitegrownup2 Fri 01-Apr-16 14:26:33

It's good to know that it's not just me! I'm actually feeling a bit brighter but ds1 has just drooped now, and looks exactly the same. Bleeuuggghhh. Sympathy to all fellow sufferers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now