Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When do kids lose their pot belly?

(5 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Thu 31-Mar-16 18:03:39

DD almost 3.5 yrs still has a pot belly. She weighs just over 16kg with clothes on and is about 98cm tall. So just below 75th centile for weight on the growth charts and about 50th for height. She's pretty much always been on those centiles. She has no rolls of fat or anything and apart from pot belly looks quite skinny. 3-4 size leggings are a bit big on her for example. She eats well, has regular bowels with no issues and is never ill. Also gets plenty of exercise, scooters a lot and can ride a bike.

I've assumed she is fine but I've seen some same age kids with a flat tummy lately though so just wondering if hers should have gone by now? blush

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 31-Mar-16 18:05:12

DS has never had a pot belly!

RunswickBay Thu 31-Mar-16 18:06:13

Some kids are shaped like that. My eldest still has one at 7 but my youngest has a flat tum at 4.
I wouldn't worry one bit

RoganJosh Thu 31-Mar-16 18:06:32

Some of them just don't have the core muscles at that age. Mine were all about 4.5 I think.

AugustRose Thu 31-Mar-16 18:37:42

My youngest 2 DC both had a pot belly, DD2 lost hers around 4 and DS2 has only really lost his in the last 6 months - he's just turned 5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now