Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How infectious am i?

(3 Posts)
Thebookswereherfriends Mon 28-Mar-16 15:50:56

So, yesterday I felt fine until about 4.30pm had eaten breakfast and a cottage pie for lunch then felt a bit stomach achy, still ate a sandwich and some ice cream at my mum's. On the way home my stomach was really achy and I just thought I had probably eaten a bit too much. Got home (about 7.30pm) and within ten minutes I was throwing up and then had the other end go too. I threw up twice more in the night, the last time being about midnight. I have felt a little sicky today, but also a bit hungry so have eaten 2 crackers this morning, a slice of toast at lunchtime and a cup-a soup this afternoon. I have had no more actual sickness or diahhroea(sp). Did I have something terrible infectious like norovirus or just a funny little bug? I'm a little worried if it is something like norovirus because I was around a lot of people yesterday.

gemdrop84 Tue 29-Mar-16 09:43:02

It sounds like the the virus/bug we've had since last week. Ds started Tuesday with d&v, Thursday he was fine again, I had awful stomach pain/wind and temperature. Dh had same symptoms at the weekend. My relatives that had dd over have now come down with it, d&v, temperature and feel wiped out. Dd has escaped so far!

Thebookswereherfriends Tue 29-Mar-16 11:12:26

Oh dear, that's pretty unpleasant for you all. Luckily no one else in the house is showing any signs - manic scrubbing of the loo and sink and my hands is hopefully doing the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now