Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in armpit since Xmas.

(2 Posts)
DaftLemon Sun 27-Mar-16 21:44:34

Around Xmas I noticed a painless enlargement in my armpit. It was more of the whole armpit being enlarged/prominent/swollen.

End of January took myself to GP. She said not worried but said it needed a scan and to that would refer me to the Breast Clinic but not under the 2 week pathway.

Inbetween all this the lump occassionally feels tender (not painful) but I know its there.

Mid February I was sent for mammogram and end of February seen at Breast Clinic. I was in and out in 5 minutes. No scan. Dr examined me, said it was probably where I shaved and just an aggravated lymph node. Not to worry. No mention of mammogram. I stupidly forgot to ask and went home feeling relieved.

However, a month on. The lump is still there. It may have got fractionally bigger since Xmas. Tenderness comes and goes. I mentioned it to GP 2 weeks ago(a different one to before) when I went to organise blood for my thyroid (am a new patient at surgery as only moved to the area December). She had a quick feel and just said to keep an eye on it.

Has anyone else had an enlarged lymph node for 3 months or so? If so, do you know why? Would love some thoughts on this. I openly admit I am bit edgy about this as I had Thyroid cancer last year and although got the all clear in October, a new lump is currently under investigation on my remaining half of thyroid. Am off to see my Head and Neck Dr next week, should I mention this do you think?

Mouseinahole Sun 27-Mar-16 22:32:44

Yes you should mention it. It may be an enlarged lymph node or an infected hair follicle but you will feel much better if your oncologist has a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now