Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shoulder/ back pain

(2 Posts)
Sothisishowitfeels Sun 27-Mar-16 08:25:02

I have a sore shoulder /back its just around my right shoulder blade. It only hurts - well more stiffness than real pain if I sort of squeeze my shoulder blades together no other movement but it also hurts when I breathe deeply. Sadly in doing this a lot as I have a minor cough thing and a slight occasional wheeze!
My gp has given me an inhaler for that but the stiffness /pain is starting to get irritating.

Does anyone know what I have done to it or how I can remedy this?!

MeadowHay Sun 27-Mar-16 12:52:33

Probably some kind of muscular pain, could easily happen especially if you've been unwell with a cough and things too. Your cough might be the reason why you have sore muscles when you breathe deeply. Also if you've been unwell and been more sedentary than usual perhaps, your bad posture and things could upset your back and shoulders. I always find when I've been quite unwell, because I spend more time laying around and in bed and things instead of being more active, I get stiff/sore muscles around my back/shoulders/neck, it's quite common and should clear up on its own as you get more active.

To help, try and regularly move your back/shoulders/neck, just gentle stretching exercises that you can find via Google, little and often, don't do anything that causes pain, you just want to feel mild discomfort and nothing more. If you feel you need something to help the pain, you could try heat (heated wheat bags, heat patches that you stick on, hot water bottle, warm bath whatever). If heat isn't enough, paracetamol and or ibuprofen as well (assuming you don't have any reason why you can't take either of those as I don't know your health history).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now