Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

left boob troubles

(5 Posts)
Chamonix1 Wed 23-Mar-16 17:53:54

Go to the doctor I know! I keep meaning to, but my symptoms seem to come and go/ maybe I notice them
More when I'm run down I'm not sure.
Anyway left breast feels heavy, sore to touch and hurts sometimes when I move my arm up and back down, it's a fair bit bigger than the other (again usual in many cases but troubles me with other symptoms), it's a funny ish colour sometimes too, almost purple (not sure if this is down to having big breasts) and I'm exhausted all the bloody time.
This I've been fobbing off but recently I've had no appetite and having to make myself eat little boys of toast or pasta as can't stomach much else which is very unlike me.
Has anyone else had these sorts of symptoms? I've got to the point of actually being nervous of going to the doctor, like denial before I even know what it is. Im only 23 and worry I'll get the "oh no, you're too young for breast cancer" from my doctor.

Chamonix1 Wed 23-Mar-16 17:56:01

Little boys blush i feel the need to
Clarify I don't eat little boys on toast! Should read "little bits of toast" grin

Inexperiencedchick Thu 24-Mar-16 17:00:23

Go straight to a doctor. Not every doctor visit is a cancer.
I have a lump in my left breast, went the next day as I felt it. Within 10 days had ultrasound/mammogram and they gave me the results. It's not cancer, very thankful for that. But was worried days and nights before screening.

Not every cause is a cancer.

Better to check it asap.

Good luck.

fieldfare Thu 24-Mar-16 17:08:06

Go to the GP.
You could have a hormonal imbalance but they'll only find out if you go and have some tests.
They'll probably refer you to the breast clinic at your local hospital, and although it's a bit scary the staff are all lovely (they are at Addenbrookes) and very used to everyone's stunned and scared expressions.

I've just, last week, been referred, had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy and it's not cancer. Just a lump but nothing to worry about. Go to the GP as you could be worrying unnecessarily.

lljkk Thu 24-Mar-16 17:25:38

That's weird, are you saying your breast has done this (fading in and out of these symptoms) for years?

Has the left always been bigger than right?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now