Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Probiotics for children

(9 Posts)
Bickies Wed 23-Mar-16 15:35:27

Hi, Was wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable probiotic for my 7yr old DS. He has ADHD, if that bears any relevance on the type. I live in Ireland. Thank you. smile

feesh Wed 23-Mar-16 15:43:51

I buy Udo's Choice as they're meant to be the best- I get them from iHerb, who deliver internationally.

Bickies Wed 23-Mar-16 15:57:23

Thank you Feesh. smile

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 24-Mar-16 14:49:20

I give Biokult to my 4 year old (I take them too). You can open the sachets and mix in a drink/food. They don't need refrigerating.

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Thu 24-Mar-16 14:49:35

(by sachets I mean capsules!)

Onsera3 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:04:47

Ive tried a few.

Solgar, Solaray, Udo's Choice, Bioglan, Biokult, Biocare, Animal Parade, KIDZProbio

My favourite when they're little is the Solgar powder after a recall its hard to get

Solaray didn't like taste

Udos choice filled with crappy bulking agent

Bioglan - yummy chocolate ball. Fridge free. But has sugar.

Biokult- sachets a faff

Animal Parade- tasted chalky

Biocare- very annoying packaging (bottle) leading to spilt powder and it's the most exp powder

KIDZProbio- tasty

Natures Way- DS seemed happy

OHSO- for adults but mini choc bar with tiny squares making easy to split. Can get with sugar or without.

So I recommend for him KIDZProbio or Bioglan if he likes choc and you're not worried about a little sugar.

I've bought these from Holland and Barret, Amazon or Ocado

Onsera3 Thu 24-Mar-16 15:14:35

You could do half a Biokult adult one as suggested by AButterfly. Little fiddly if you want to close back up to save the other half but it's doable.

Bickies Sun 03-Apr-16 14:07:38

Thank you very much everyone, great advice. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. smile

MissBeaHaving Sun 03-Apr-16 14:49:47

I use Bioglan mentioned by Pp,always at breakfast with a cup of milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now