Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heavy period and migraines since miscarriage

(4 Posts)
Cumberbum Tue 22-Mar-16 15:42:36

Since my miscarriage in December I have had VERY heavy periods with migraines and horrible mood swings. Trying for another baby, not had much of a chance due to me either bleeding or being a grumpy cow. Can't go out first day of period as I often leak through to my jeans. Never had this before miscarriage - always had very light periods. Ironically, I'm more horny than I've been in years! Is this normal after miscarriage?

KittyandTeal Tue 22-Mar-16 15:49:10

I found it took a long time for my hormones to get back to 'normal' after my tfmr.

In the end it turned out that I'd developed endometriosis. Heavy, painful periods, headaches and exhaustion. I think any 'interruption' to a pregnancy messes your body up for quite a while.

It might be worth a trip to the gp though.

Cumberbum Tue 22-Mar-16 16:33:09

Feel like I'm at gp every other week at the moment, sure she thinks I'm a total hypochondriac which I probably am Periods not painful just so heavy, it's the heachaches and mood swings that are causing me, and my poor DCs the most trouble. Already on tablets for anxiety/mood swings and have been fine for last couple of years. All changed after failed pregnancy. Maybe say to gp at next visit.

lozwil Sun 27-Mar-16 07:48:01

I had this problem too had a mmc at the start of Aug and headaches to the point that some mornings I struggled to get ds to school. I think it's hormone related and it takes ages to settle down thankfully this month my period seems to have gone back to normal so hopefully you won't have to to wait too much longer for things to settle down x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now