Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eyes, particularly one -swollen and dry/slightly sore feeling - do I need gp appointment today??

(6 Posts)
HannahClareRose Tue 22-Mar-16 13:07:49

I've has this since Fri or Sat, and it seems to be a bit worse today. I just woke up one morning with bags under my eyes and they felt kind of swollen, it wasn't too noticeable at first. Now it's the left that's more swollen and they're really dry and feel kind of like when your eye is sore because you accidentally poked yourself in it if you know what I mean!
It's making me not feel like going out today! There were no doc appointments when I rang this morning, except for 'medically urgent', I don't think it is, but then my eyes are jolly uncomfortable and I've not had anything like this before.
Should I ring them back and try and get one today or just wait and try the morning rush for an appointment? (they've no more for ages except the ones released on the day!)

TheSpottedZebra Tue 22-Mar-16 13:11:48

It could be an allergy. Do you have hay fever or allergies?

TheSpottedZebra Tue 22-Mar-16 13:12:27

NB I don't think it's medically urgent. Maybe wander to a pharmacy?

HannahClareRose Tue 22-Mar-16 19:10:40

Hey, thanks for your reply! I do get hayfever but I've never had anything quite like this and it's not what my usual allergy symptoms would be. I have these giant bags under my eyes and also been getting random hot feelings in my face, eyes feel pretty awful.

HannahClareRose Tue 22-Mar-16 19:11:15

I'm obviously not going to get an appointment now today but I'll try for a normal one tomorrow!

CallousAndStrange Tue 22-Mar-16 20:42:38

Possibly a stye developing, try putting a warm compress on it.

If it seems like it's allergy related, do you have mould or mildew about? I had very sore itchy eyes all winter due to mouldy ceilings (it cleared up as soon as dh finally got round to cleaning it off!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now